Sunday 18 October 2009

S.A.

Today I start a new chapter in my life. Yet another trip to South America beginning in Madrid at the "Casa Tony" with a bunch of delicious tapas !
The initial plan has changed a bit but the goal remain the same : visiting Patagonia by doing as much sport as possible. Of course the cherry on top of the cake is ski touring.

So here we are, 2 days later with Alain, Suzanna, Eric and Sophie, in Chillan with a big Nissan 4x4 waiting for our first volcano. Unfortunately Sophie has a bad stomach ache which prevents her from doing much activity. Alain too decides to not go because of a muscle ache and stays with Sophie. The weather isn't perfect but with 1600 m of altitude difference, that's a good start :)
Surprisingly we find a track on the last slope ! The explanation comes 5 min after reaching the top. 4 snowmobiles arrive with a huge noise ! It's even more hopeless to see the guys proud of their ascent ... Anyway the descent in the last corridor is really good.

pics over here


The following days Sophie & Alain get better and we can ski volcanos Antuco, Lonquimay, Llaima and Villarica (1st ascent for me). The last is the most active one and while we were taking pictures on the crater with Sophie a heavy acid wind blew our faces .. Unfortunately, I didn't have a hat so I lost half my hair ... people now call me John Malkovitch ! ... just joking :)

Eric, Suzanna & Alain decide to visit Atacama rather than driving further south to attempt the majestic Osorno. We split at Lancoche after a funny night in a pension ran by 3 old ladies.
The next day Sophie & I take a bus to Puerto Montt were we'll meet her friend Celia and Celia's friend Damien.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not jealous at all... Realy not at all, I mean, I am quite jealous actually... When is the fucking snow arriving in Europe??? ;o)

    ReplyDelete